Thursday, March 26, 2009

20 questions

Why do niggas push pounds and powder
Why did bush knock down the towers
Why you around them cowards
Why Aaliyah have to take that flight
Why my nigga D ain't pull out his Ferrari
Why he take that bike
Why they gotta open your package and read your mail
Why they stop lettin' niggas get degrees in jail
Why you gotta do eighty-five percent of your time
And why do niggas lie in eighty-five percent of they rhymes
Why a nigga always want what he can't have
Why I can't come through in the pecan Jag
Why did crack have to hit so hard
Even though it's almost over
Why niggas can't get no jobs
Why they come up wit the witness protection
Why they let the terminator win the election
Come on, pay attention
Why sell in the stores what you can sell in the streets
Why I say the hottest shit but be sellin' the least.

"WHY" by Jadakiss
This song was one of the summer hit when I'd just moved to NY (2004), one of those song that marked time and place for me.
Still it's one my favorites.

No comments: